Full size printed plan O GAUGE Interurban Diner A 1947 PLAN
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Full size printed plan and article
No material, Plans only
THESE ARE REPRODUCTIONS OF A 1947 PLAN
One full size printed plan on a sheet 11" x 17"
Six page article with building notes and photos
(If you are working in a different scale we can do the drawings only in that scale)
LENGTH 15 ½”
By H. R. BLACKBURN, M.D.
THE Interstate Public Service Co., of Indiana, operated some of the most elaborate interurban equipment of any line. of its day, including all-steel combines, coaches, dining-parlour-solarium cars and even sleepers with upper berth windows.
The dining-parlour-solarium cars of this series were numbered 158-161 and named respectively Jeffersonville, Edinburg, Columbus and Franklin after the towns through which they operated. Usually, they were used as the rear car of 2, 3, or 4-car trains on the Louisville & Indianapolis run as the Dixie Flyer Southbound and the Hoosier Flyer Northbound. They were able to 'operate as independent units, however, since the front truck contained two 150 H.P. motors, control equipment being housed in the front compartment. Original cars were built in 1923 by the American Car Foundry plant at Jeffersonville, Ind. and were used in regular service until 1932, being replaced by the faster "Lightweights."
These cars weighed 50 tons and presented a grand appearance with their long steel bodies and large solarium windows as they rolled down the streets of Louisville and Indianapolis or sped through the countryside at 70 MPH.
Actual construction of this model begins with laying out the sides of #22 gauge galvanized iron sheets or 1/32" sheet brass. Cut to correct size as shown. Windows and door openings are scribed in position and cut out with a jeweller’s saw; dress to finish size with fine fiat file